I didn't write these questions, and sadly I don't know who did in order to give them due credit. This is something my mother gave me months ago and she has had it for more than 40 years. But they remain timeless, and can still be a guide for each of us in our times of prayers and conversation with our Lord. Feel free to copy this and keep it...and follow it. Feel even freer to answer some or all of the questions next time you talk to Jesus. Oh...and finally, feel free to leave a comment, or a question of your own, or even share here something of your own prayer life.
THINK OF OUR LORD SPEAKING TO YOU AND SAYING OR ASKING THE FOLLOWING...
* "You do not have to be clever to please Me. All you have to do is to want to love Me. Just speak to Me as you would to anyone of whom you are very fond." .....JESUS.
* "Are there people you want to pray for? Say their names to Me, and ask Me as much as you like. I am generous and know all their needs, but I want you to show your love for them, by trusting Me to do what I know is best." .....JESUS.
* "Tell Me about those in need, the sick, and those you know are in trouble." .....JESUS.
* "If you have lost the friendship or affection of anyone tell Me about that too." .....JESUS.
* "Tell Me about your husband or wife, about your children...are any of them causing you anxiety? Tell me about it." .....JESUS.
* "What about the church to which you belong? Your ministers and those who teach? Tell Me about them." .....JESUS.
* "Is there anything you want for your soul? If you like, you can write Me out a long list of all your needs, and come and read it to Me." .....JESUS.
* "Just tell Me about your pride, your touchiness, self-centredness, meanness, perhaps laziness. Do not be ashamed. There are many Saints in Heaven who had the same faults as you. They prayed to Me and little by little their faults were corrected." .....JESUS. (Dearest Readers, this one especially I have been actioning in the last few days. I have become starkly aware of many of these faults in myself and I have taken my shame and guilt to Jesus, and He is fixing the mess I made, and repairing the damage done! Praise Him!!!)
* "Do not hesitate to ask Me for blessings for the body and the mind, for health, memory, success. I can give everything and I always give everything to make souls holier." .....JESUS.
* "What is it you want right now? Tell Me, for I long to do you good. What are your plans? Tell Me about them." .....JESUS.
* "Is there anyone you want to please? What do you want to do for them?" .....JESUS.
* "Do you want anything for Me?" .....JESUS.
* "Do you want to do a little good for the souls of your family or friends, who perhaps have forgotten Me?" .....JESUS.
* "Tell me about your failures, and I will show you the cause of them." .....JESUS.
* "What are your worries?" .....JESUS.
* "Who has caused you pain? Tell Me all about it, and add that you will forgive and forget, and I will bless you." .....JESUS.
* "Are you afraid of anything? Have you any tormenting, unreasonable fears? Trust yourself to Me. I am here. I will not leave you." .....JESUS.
* "Have you any joys to tell Me about? Share you happiness with Me. Tell Me what has happened since yesterday to cheer and comfort you. Whatever is was, however big, however small, I prepared it. Show Me your gratitude and thank Me." .....JESUS.
* "Are you determined not to run into temptation? Have you made up your mind about bad influences in your life? To be done with them? They disturb the peace of your soul." .....JESUS.
* "Are you going to be kind to that one who has hurt you?" .....JESUS.
* "Go along now. Get on with your work. Try to be quieter, humbler, more submissive, kinder, and come back again later and bring Me a more devoted heart. Tomorrow I shall have more blessings for you." .....JESUS.
God bless....hugs - Jeanne.